The Career Management Cell or the Placement Cell plays a vital role in bringing the industry and academia close to each other by providing Career Counselling; need based education and organization support. It has the task to organize campus interviews for student placement and training and also organizes corporate guest lectures and industry interaction.
CMC acts as an interface between the students, faculty and the corporate world to initiate continuous interaction with the industry, sharing industry experiences, and understanding the needs of the corporate world. CMC has been regularly inviting heads of leading Companies to the campus, who share their insights into the latest issues concerning the economy to stimulate and enhance the intellectual climate at JIMS Kalkaji.Pre – Placement Talk:
• The PPT offers the corporate world an opportunity to interact with the students and to know their prospective recruits better, both for the summer and final placements.
• Organizations make a presentation which is vital in providing the students with the information about the organization and career prospects in which typical students' concerns like job description, selection criteria, industry culture, remuneration package, scope for growth, cross functional exposure are answered.
• Summer Internship constitutes an integral part of the PGDM curriculum and is valued for its relevance in management education.
• Summer Internship is positioned between the first and second year of the PGDM program.
• The students are placed in different organizations for a period of about 7 to 8 weeks on a specific assignment with their preferred areas of specialization.
• It provides the students an opportunity to test the theoretical concepts learnt in the classroom, also helps students to explore linkages amongst different functions and develop a realistic managerial perspective about organizations in their reality.
• As a part of the assignment, students are required to submit a report. The presentation made by the students to the organization and the faculty forms the basis for the evaluation of the project work.
• Summer training process commences from the month of May every year.
• Placement process commence from the month of October every year.
• Prominent companies have sought and utilized the intellectual capital of JIMS by participating in the final placement process.
• The real proof of the quality and effectiveness of any Business School lies in the acceptance of its graduates in the industry.
• Thus the placement of the graduating batch marks the culmination of the rigorous two – year PGDM program at JIMS.
• The budding managers are absorbed by the MNC's , Indian Giants and Public Sector firms from the JIMS Kalkaji Campus.
• All efforts shall be made to carryout qualitative placement for the passing out students.
• The minimum CGPA preferred by most of companies is 6.
• Before appearing for the interview, students will have to sign the undertaking/willingness for the same.
• Once selected for placement by a company, the student concerned will not be considered for any other interview.
• A student will not be considered eligible for any placement assistance if found to be punished under any sort of disciplinary action or defaults to appear for the interview.
• The Students should strictly adhere to points given in the notifications of all companies, once he/she registers for it.
- Highest Package 17.75 Lacs by Khimji Ramdas
- 14 + Students Hired in Deloitte
- 7+ Students Hired in Evalueserve
- 8+ Students Received PPO
Many new companies have shown interest in hiring from JIMS Kalkaji Accenture, Acuity Research, Nagarro, Exide Industries, Dabur India, MRF Tyres, and CBRE etc.