Our current curriculum ensures the holistic development of various inputs and teaching, learning processes in order to achieve inter disciplinary student understanding, empowering them to solve problems, communicate effectively, work in teams, accept responsibility, and make decisions with members from various backgrounds. The following topics have been added to the curriculum in response to industry demands:
- Strategic Application of IT
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Block chain
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Corporate Restructuring
- Managerial Communication (Personality Enrichment and Ethics)
- Business Intelligence
- Digital Marketing
- Business Analytics
- Financial Modeling
- Entrepreneurship essentials
- Disruptive technologies
- National and International Conference /Seminar/Guest lectures by expert Academicians and leading Industry professionals.
- Industrial Visits are designed to provide students with a hands-on, knowledge-based experience in the corporate sector.
- Personality Development Programme – Corporate Managers are invited to conduct mock GDs and interviews in addition to delivering lectures on Personal Efficacy, Goal Setting, Time Management, Stress Management, Business Etiquette team work etc.
- Special PDP modules and Language Lab to enhance soft skills
- Four students Club – Marketing – Finance – HR – IT. Activities of these clubs include inviting managers for guest lectures and organizing workshops and conferences at JIMS
For actual international experience, all PGDM (IB) students are invited to visit Singapore in December at NTU, a top-ranked university in Singapore. Students in Singapore participate in a one-week Certificate Course in "Understanding Asian Business Environment," which is taught by NTU experts and includes real-world assignments.
JIMS Delhi has implemented new pedagogical approaches that include creative teaching methods based on alternative learning frameworks like experiential learning and self-learning. The following are some of the effective teaching methods:
- Field visits
- Research / project analysis
- Real-life case studies, dialogues, and role plays are used.
- Discussion groups / brainstorming
- Small group work
- Mock GDs on current topics
- Personality Development Program, which involves personal grooming, is used to help students develop holistically.
- Development of Soft Skills and Business Etiquette.
- Presentation Skills
- Quizzes, Case Studies, and Role Plays are all part of the activity periods. Documentaries addressing a variety of topics, including globalisation, motivation, and leadership.
- 360 degree feedback of students.
- International Certification by Harvard Business School online in Business Analytics
- Advanced Excel
- Digital Marketing by Internet School of Marketing
- PDP by AMVI consultants
- Financial Modeling by E&Y
- Financial Services by BSE
For PGDM/MBA students, communication is a critical component of management programmes. Orell language laboratory software, which is a seamless combination of state-of-the-art information technology approaches with proven language teaching methodologies and power-packed with an array of comprehensive study resources, is available at JIMS, Kalkaji for this purpose. This not only makes teaching how to communicate fluently in a foreign language dynamic and effortless, but it also makes learning entertaining and quick.