Our contemporary curriculum ensures holistic development of various inputs and teaching, learning process to achieve inter disciplinary student understanding which empowers them to solve problems, communicate effectively, work in teams with members from diversified background, shoulder responsibility and take decisions. In response to industry demands the following subjects are included in the curriculum:
- Strategic Application of IT
- E-Business and Web Design
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Strategic Marketing
- Team Building and Leadership
- Global Business Management
- Retail Management
- Marketing of Healthcare Services
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Corporate Restructuring
- Managerial Communication (Personality Enrichment and Ethics)
- Business Intelligence
- Four students Club – Marketing – Finance – HR – IT. Activities of these clubs include inviting managers for guest lectures and organizing workshops and conferences.
- Personality Development Programme – Corporate Managers are invited to conduct mock GDs and interviews in addition to delivering lectures on Personal Efficacy, Goal Setting, Time Management, Stress Management, Business Etiquette team work etc.
- Language Lab to enhance students skills in English language and other personality development aspects.
- Additional labs such as ‘Commerce’, ‘Digital Marketing’, ‘Personal Growth’, ‘IT’ are used to teach practical aspects to students.
We have introduced new pedagogical approaches which involve use of imaginative teaching methods based on alternative learning frameworks such as experiential learning and self-learning. Some of the pedagogical methods being effectively used include:
- Field visits
- Research / project analysis
- “Learning by doing”
- Use of case studies, debates, role plays
- Critical thinking
- Discussion groups / brainstorming
- Dmall group work
- Moot court
- All round development of student is done through Personality Development Programme which includes personal grooming
- Development of Soft Skills and Business Etiquette.
- Presentation Skills
- Activity Periods which involve conduct of Quiz , Case Study, Role play. Documentaries on a range of subjects such as globalization, motivation, leadership etc.
The pattern of management education at JIMS has transformed from mainly conventional lecture method of teaching to interactive sessions through case discussions, presentation on strategic issues, workshops and conferences. Management students are assigned field based research projects where they interact with industry managers and get exposed to the best practices / work culture. The programmes are more focused towards imparting applied knowledge and practical issues. The quality of teaching and learning is maintained and enhanced through a variety of means which include:
- Induction programme for faculty who are responsible for teaching and assessment
- Supervision of probationary and visiting faculty
- Systematic student feedback on faculty at beginning and end of academic session.
- Moderation of question papers set by external paper setters
- Monitoring of examination results
- Informed student contact
Communication is very important aspect in management programmes. For this at JIMS, Kalkaji , we have Orell language laboratory software that is a seamless integration of state-of-the-art information technology techniques with proven language teaching methodologies and power-packed with an array of comprehensive study materials . This enables teaching to communicate eloquently in a foreign language interactive and effortless but also makes it fun and quick to learn.